Save the date!
March 20-22, 2017
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
421 S. Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
Registration opens soon.
2017 Platinum Sponsors
Get your company here!
- 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material
- Center for Domestic Preparedness
- Digital Wave Corporation
- Dragon Fire Gloves
- Dupont Protection Solutions
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network
- Honeywell First Responder Products
- International Fire Fighter Cancer Foundation
- Milliken ResQ
- Minerva Bunker Gear Cleaners
- NIOSH NPPTL
- ORAFOL Americas, Inc.
- PBI Performance Products
- Pennwell Fire Group
- Ready Rack
- Safety Components
- TenCate Protective Fabrics
- Veridian Fire Protective Gear
- Viking Life-Safety Equipment
- W.L. Gore & Associates
- Workrite Uniform Company
- Xeros, Inc.
Save the Date: March 11-13, 2019
Dates: Shearaton Raleigh Hotel March 11-13, 2019
New research and special project page
F.I.E.R.O. is excited to add a new research and project page to our website. Here you will find cutting edge research data, NFPA related project information, and how it applies to firefighter safety and survival.
A Fire Fighter’s Guide to Test Methods for Fire Fighting by Battalion Chief Safety Command Dan Melia, FDNY (ret.) and Driver-Operator/Paramedic Tim Tomlinson, Addison Fire Department
Download the full PowerPoint presentation with videos (350Mb, ~5-30 minute dowload)
Download a copy of the presentation (2.62 Mb Adobe Acrobat file, ~30 sec-2 minute download)
Since 2009, the Fire Industry Education Resource Organization (F.I.E.R.O.) has held biennial conferences on firefighter personal protective equipment (PPE). Geared toward fire service personnel at all levels of your organization, the F.I.E.R.O. Fire PPE Symposium offers comprehensive coverage of the design and performance requirements applied to your PPE.
The F.I.E.R.O. Fire PPE Symposium features more than 20 presentations over two-and-a-half days. Presenters are at the leading edge of all things PPE and come from the fire service or have committed their lives to the fire service. Firefighters present best practices and failures, while leading researchers present the results of their work and the impact those studies will have on future design and performance requirements.
Your department members will understand how your PPE performs, the rationale behind why the minimum requirements for design and performance are set where they are, and how research will impact those standards going forward.
Past topics have covered SCBA, electronic safety, TPP and THL, cancer prevention, laboratory tours, and more…
- Assessing the effectiveness of PPE cleaning procedures
- Measuring the effect of repeat thermal exposures on SCBA facepiece properties
- Reducing your exposure to contaminants
- Applying best practices in risk assessment
- Understanding third party PPE certification
- Explaining the purpose of required PPE testing in a manner fire fighters understand
When you leave the F.I.E.R.O. Fire PPE Symposium you'll have the knowledge to make the best decisions about purchasing and maintaining PPE. Plus, you'll be part of a network of peers and experts that can be a valuable, ongoing source of guidance.